Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Outlook Not Good


I've moved my office from the 16th to the 19th floor and immediately decided "Hey, this would be great time to ruin my computer's continuity and send my practice into a tailspin." Hell bent on ruining my life, I bought a new computer with Vista and attempted to load a new copy of Microsoft Outlook this morning. I've tried Yahoo calendar and Google calendar but they're just too slow. I search, edit, and bang away on my calendar all day long. Outlook's compatibility with X1 Desktop Search was too valuable to ditch for an online calendar. Well, Outlook wouldn't install. It wouldn't install! On a brand new computer running Vista it wouldn't install! After an hour on the phone to Microsoft support, buttons suddenly started disappearing; you know, important buttons like email's "send/receive." Well after another half hour of remotely tinkering with my computer the tech got it running. I can't wait to walk into work tomorrow and find it not working.

No comments: