Monday, February 23, 2009

The Most Incredibly Likelike Baby Monkey Eh-Verrrrr!



Under the stimulus plan Americans are expected to receive a whopping $30.00 reduction in their payroll taxes each month. What will you do with your windfall? Might I suggest stimulating the Ashton-Drake Galleries' economy by purchasing a "Little Umi" of your own? Yes, for just $27.99 for the next five months this precious gem can be yours. The manufacturer promises "you'll want to cuddle and nurture [her] the moment you see her" gair-ohn-teeed.

Heather has a knack for finding odd things in plain sight. I clip the coupons each week and this precious doll just slipped right past my radar. Yes, I love clipping and using coupons. I'm always trying to beat my personal best - saving 60 bucks on a 100 dollar food bill. Concerned that I had missed a $1.00 off Pampers' Swaddlers coupon, Heather perused the paper again and found Little Umi. Between the latest offering from the Franklin Mint and a super deal on Calcutta Cloth slacks lay this "masterpiece of amazing realism."

I love the finger-wagging in the fine print - "This baby orangutan is not a toy; she is a fine collectible to be enjoyed by adult collectors" - as if an inspector from Ashton-Drake will visit your home to make certain you're not playing house with this vinyl monkey.

Monkeys not your thing? Then might I suggest Ashton-Drakes' collectible alien babies. Think I'm kidding?
http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-301281001.jsp?RecentlyViewed
I kid you not.

1 comment:

Craque L'éclair said...

An added bonus...this monkey won't rip the face off of your best friend.