Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Promise


I promise this is my last Halloween post. I have more pictures of Halloween than were ever taken of the Grand Canyon. Here's a select few from my church's Trunk of Treat.







Never heard of a Trunk or Treat? Me neither until a few years ago. Each Halloween the local church throws a Chili Cook Off followed by a Trunk or Treat. Individually the chilis are delicious, but combined they can kill a horse. So go easy on the chili or they'll end up on the front of your costume. And the winner this year was . . . I dunno. I ate so much cornbread it clogged my ears.





After the cookoff, the kids hobble to the parking lot in their costumes. The parents decorate their vans, trucks and cars with spiderwebs, pumpkins, and ectoplasm. Some have games, some have spooky music, but the best experience was a Ford pickup with two long card board boxes connected at the end inside the bed of the truck. The kids crawled down the cardboard tube, and then back again. That was it. And they loved it.




These pics were taken by Russ Fill. Don't recognize his name? Well, I guarantee you've seen his camera work on dozens of shows, from Oprah Winfrey to Survivor. I thought it would be nice to make a photo booth where parents could snap pics of their kids' costumes. Fresh from a shoot in, I dunno, Antartica or somewhere Russ took it to the next level by providing a backdrop, a camera, lighting, and a little expertise - all for free.


Heather cut out the background lettering with her Cricut. Yeah, we have a Cricut. Jealous? It was a gift from my legal secretary. This was our first attempt at making lettering. "Its maaahvelous" says Heather.

1 comment:

Pattykat said...

Your Halloween Photo Session with Russ turned out great, I must say!
Erica looks so cute trying to do a mean cat look with a big smile on her face!