Saturday, November 7, 2009

Good Saturday Morning



This is the first Saturday in a long time when I had nothing planned. Usually, I have some enormous project and only eight hours of energy to complete it. But today? Nothing to do but coast until Juliet's One Year Birthday Party. I was completely rested by 4:30 a.m. but laid in bed for another hour just because I thought it would be wierd to rummage around the house so early in the morning. Then I washed the cars, worked in the yard a bit, ran some errands, and polished-off the box of Boo-Berry cereal. The box was too kitschy to throw out so I cut the face off the front of it, added some elastic and made some holes for the eyes. I thought the kids would love it, but Heather was the only one willing to wear it long enough for a photo.
The kids were in a great mood too. Everyone was anxious to eat Heather's Red-Velvet Cake but would have to wait until later. Heather is in charge of the Thanksgiving turkey this year so she thought she'd practice by making a complete Thanksgiving dinner. Yup. I had Thanksgiving dinner today and it was nearly perfect. I say nearly perfect because she grabbed the salted consumme instead of the unsalted and the gravy turned out, well, salty. The turkey was cooked to perfection. She's going to add an apricot ginger glaze/chutney to the mix on Thanksgiving day. Can't wait.

While Heather cooked, I took the kids to the mall for a little early Christmas shopping. I came away with some good ideas for Heather but strangely, for all the time we spent in the toy store, the kids added nothing to Santa's list. Unless they start expressing their desires, I'm gonna re-gift that lump of coal I received last year.


Christian is doing much better. He has no signs of last week's strep. Yesterday he submitted a picture of his latest creation (not pictured) to Lego's monthly newsletter. They feature a handful of kids and their Lego spaceships each month. I'll let you know if he makes it.



No comments: