Sunday, December 7, 2008

La Jolla Christmas Parade


It was a little cold and blustery outside this weekend. It threatened to rain but on the coast of San Diego such threats are usually empty. I dragged the kids to the La Jolla Christmas Parade. "Dragged" because Christian and Erika were too cozy in their warm pajamas to be bothered with cold weather. Heather and I pulled clothes over their nearly limp bodies and put shoes on of their floppy feet. I received no assistance from either one as I buckled them into their seats. Their mood improved once we arrived at the parade. The floats, ponies and marchers were all very nice but the most interesting spectacle was in the crowd; a uniquely La Jollan crowd. Nearly everyone had a toy dog under their arm, bling on their fingers and wrists, and large, obnoxious sunglasses on their noses (I should talk). I could have taken some Polaroids of the crowd or the parade but Christian and Erika's mugs are infinitely more pleasing to look at.

No comments: