Saturday, November 22, 2008

Squanto Meets John Smith; A One Man Play



Christian came home from his school's Thanksgiving celebration with both Native American and pilgrim costumes. Loma Portal Elementary's meticulous attention to detail and dedication to historical accuracy resulted in these authentic, hand-sewn paperbag outfits. Christian said, "It's like 1621 all over again!" The school served Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, and cranberry sauce to which Christian said, "I want French fries."
Last year's announcement that Polaroid is discontinuing its instant film has forced me to use my use my stash sparingly. Hence, I sometimes take one Polaroid and a dozen digital shots of the same subject. Look at the two photos, I prefer the Polaroid, and I guess that's the difference between you and me.

No comments: