Sunday, September 21, 2008

Polaroid Land Camera

By far my favorite camera is the Polaroid Land Camera which I purchased on eBay. The entire set-up (camera, case, flash, and some other goodies) cost less than a 20 pack of peel-apart film. Its big, awkward, uses actual flash bulbs, and requires an odd battery only found on the Internet. Its sometimes temperamental behavior has left me with a collection of under and over exposed shots which I hope to combine in a collage someday. Polaroid has announced that it will stop producing film next year for this camera too. Fuji makes a color film that fits the land camera, but the b/w is the most fun. I wonder whether I should hoard some film. Out of date film for the Holgaroid, which is no longer produced, costs double what it used to on eBay.

No comments: